Friday, December 14, 2007

10 Days to Go
















So much for real estate today...I'm starting to stress about Christmas shopping. Mostly because my 3 year old doesn't want to understand the concept of no you can't have a toy everytime we go to the store. Santas coming in 10 days. Santas trip down our fireplace is irrelevant to him. Today I vowed I'm never taking him to a store again until after Christmas. So don't be suprised if you run into me Christmas shopping at Target at 10pm, while he's got sugar plums dancing in his head.
Here's something nice for you for the weekend while you're wrapping those presents by a warm fire.

Heavenly Hot Chocolate

1 1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. sugar
1/8 t. salt
6 oz.chopped buttersweet chocolate
2 drops peppermint oil
Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish
Combine the milk, cream, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat. When the milk and cream just begin to steam, put in the chocolate and stir until melted. Add the peppermint oil. Divide the hot chocolate, top with whipped cream and share with friends and family.
When I think of hot chocolate it takes me back to my childhood in freezing cold Wisconsin. Enjoy the pictures while I take a trip down memory lane...

No comments: